A work party will be held at Trigger Gap Airfield (17A) in Arkansas the weekend of Nov. 18-19, 2023. Please consider coming for one or both days. Bring your own food and plan on camping if you like. Please RSVP to Harper Goodwin (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you plan to attend and indicate if you will be there one or both days.
1. Building a fence of about 50’x90′ and relocating the gate. This will be a parking area for neighbors and other interested parties for viewing backcountry airplanes.
2. Building 2 firewood storage racks.
3. Defining the airport traffic area with cinder blocks.
4. Cutting, splitting and stacking firewood.
5. General cleanup and ongoing maintenance.
6. Delivering and placing 2 metal picnic tables on site.
Supplies that might be handy:
Gloves, hearing and eye protection, chainsaw with oil and gas, wheelbarrow, shovels, rakes, tape measure, level, skill saw, and drill/screwgun with starbits and batteries. If you have a pickup or a trailer that would be helpful.