FLY-IN AT NEW RIVER GORGE, WEST VIRGINIA
Jul 04, 2019 8:00AM—Jul 07, 2019 12:00PM
Event Contact RAF Ambassador Eric Davis | Email
July 4-7, 2019, New River Gorge Airport, Lansing, West Virginia
Save the date for a fly-in at New River Gorge Airport (WV32) during July 4th weekend!
Airport Information (New River Gorge WV32)
https://www.aopa.org/destinations/airports/wv32/details – note that the lighting and comms frequencies are incorrect in the FAA database. Use 121.45 (lighting) and 121.8 (comms). Having said that, it’s not recommended to come in after dark, especially if you are new to NRG airport.
- Tie down (bring your own) in the fields on either side of runway.
- Pick a tent spot under your wing.
- There is a RV available for $30 nightly. Full hook up, 2 bunks, 1 full bed. Contact Ginny Kessler if interested.
- Book accommodations through with Adventures on the Gorge (https://adventuresonthegorge.com). They are 1 mile from the strip and will pick you up.
- Showers provided at nearby Chestnut Creek Campground. A shuttle will be available from 8 to 10 am each morning.
- AOTG provides shuttle to resort. Calling ahead is advised.
- Uber Aaron will be available after 3pm. 304-250-8810
- Chetty’s (pub) or Smokey’s (casual dining) are located at AOTG – a 1.5 mile walk from the strip.
- Downtown Fayetteville (5 miles south) has a number of restaurants if you secure transportation with Uber Aaron.
- Bottled Water available for purchase at Hanger.
- Bluegrass at the hanger starting at 8pm. Fireworks at dusk!
- AOTG offers many activities including rafting, hiking, zip-lines, horseback riding, and nightly music at their Rendezvous Lodge. Contact AOTG for details and booking (855) 379-8738.
Questions: RAF Ambassador Eric Davis: email@example.com.