The RAF has been made aware of an effort by the FAA to get updated information from owners of private use airports by the end of 2020.
RAF Liaisons and Ambassadors are reaching out to roughly 2,700 private use airport owners/managers within their respective states to make them aware that if airport data is older than three years, the airport risks “closed indefinitely” status.
Ignoring this request could have these consequences:
• If your airport gets listed as “closed indefinitely”, it may affect the insurability of aircraft that operate there, as it may now be considered an “off-airport” operation.
• The area may likely no longer be spared from low-level military training flights or other special activities; or the placement of a cell tower or other structure nearby.
It’s easy to update your airport data with the FAA, and it must be done by December 31, 2020
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AIRPORT OWNERS
Please use any one of the following methods to notify the FAA that your airport’s data is still correct:
1. If you have the letter from the Private Airport Survey, please complete it and return it to the FAA at the address provided in the letter.
2. If you do not have the letter, or if you prefer to notify the FAA online, you can use the Airport Data and Information Portal (ADIP) by visiting https://adip.faa.gov. Click on “Register” to register for an account. You may have to wait for a return email confirmation from the FAA. In the Requested Role field select “Airport Manager”. Once registered, log into the system. For technical assistance after you are logged in, locate the HelpDesk link.
Note that logging in will satisfy the requirement to notify the FAA. No further action is needed.
3. You may also call your FAA Regional or Airport District Office. Find your regional contact using this web link: https://www.faa.gov/airports/news_information/contact_info/regional/
4. If none of the above methods are possible, please call Christopher Criswell at the Office of Airports, 202-267-4634 or send an email email@example.com and he can assist you.
Submitted September 29, 2020